Do you need to register emotional support animal program? Do you need animal companion to make your days more functional and less difficult? Do you need the ESA letter to describe and clarify your condition? In case you need to be involved and register emotional support dog program, here are some facts that you need to understand.

The Unique Issue


People with mental disorder or disability are often recommended and advised to carry ESA (Emotional Support Animal) everywhere they go. The animals somehow provide better companionship and comfort for these people, so they can function well in their daily lives.  However, often times they have to carry a special letter (which is almost similar to a permit) that will describe their condition to certain establishments. As you are well aware of, not all places allow animal presence, such as the hospitals, airplanes, and such places alike.

These disorders may include learning disorder, communication disorder, dementia, cognitive disorder, mental retardation, schizophrenia, developmental disorder, depression, and psychotic disorders. There are still many other disorders that may require animal companionship. In case you suffer from these kinds of disorders, your doctor may advise you to register emotional support animal program.

Getting the Letter

As it was mentioned before, an ESA letter is needed in several facilities and establishments. It has to be written by licensed mental health experts or specialists, such as psychiatrist, psychologist, or therapist. The person should be credible and has legitimate credentials. Often times, the officials will check and call the professionals, to see whether they are real or not.

The letter can last for quite a long time, but it does have its own expiration date, especially when it is not used. In case you don’t have the ESA yet and you already have the letter, you have a year before it expires and you need to get yourself a new one.